How much is a pre purchase building inspection?
A pre purchase building inspection is one of the best investments a purchaser will ever make. Time and time again we are hearing satisfied clients thank us for telling them the condition of the property. We hear “you have potentially saved me thousands” or “i didn’t even know” or “they did a good job of trying to cover that up”. A building inspector should not charge any more than $350-$400 for a large home and no more that $300 for a smaller home. When paying this investment you should expect;
- A thorough inspection (between 1 and 2 hours)
- A comprehensive report outlining all defects (photos)
- A inspection carried out in accordance with AS4349.1
- Experienced inspector (Building and Construction background)
- A insured inspector
What does a building inspector do?
A experience pre purchase building inspector that carries out an inspection in accordance with AS4349.1 should have a specific process they carry out. At Quality Building Inspections our process is:
- Inspection of the interior
- Inspection of the roof void
- Inspection on the roof
- Inspection of the exterior
- Inspection of anything within 30 meters of the initial dwelling including driveways, paths, retaining walls etc
On completion of the inspection the report should be handed over on payment. The report will contain all defects found.
How much is a pest inspection?
A qualified pest controller can be engaged to inspect at the same time as the building inspector and you can expect to pay an additional $200-$300 for a pest controller. They should follow a similar process to Quality Building Inspections and provide a thorough inspection. Generally the building inspector can engage a pest controller for you or alternatively you can organise your own.